August 15, 2011

"Awakening", 48"x36" acrylic on board, 8/8/11

"Awakening"
Original Artwork
created 8/8/11
This piece was inspired by the worship music of Jonathan David Helser. I was listening to, and worshiping the Lord with, his CD called "The Awakening". I had enjoyed this many times before, and even worshiped with Jonathan's music live (which was so awesome), but this time I was touched in a new and deeper place in my heart. 
The tears began to roll down, and through this music the Holy Spirit of the Living God dug deep into a place of despair I'd been experiencing for some time (due to the results of a car accident a few years ago). 
I felt a river of pain, discouragement, despair, and sadness pouring out with each tear as the River of God's love and hope and life began to touch me anew. I was washed afresh with the Father's love. I listened again, worshiping my Beloved Creator... And once again the River began to flow from out of me... Awakening!
And here is a glimpse on this piece of board, the Awakening... 
Behold the wind, the water, the oil, and the fire of God's immeasurable, unstoppable, undeniable, unshakable love for you and me!






the center of the painting

bottom section


the left side


the right upper corner

the right side

upper middle

lower middle section

the fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think.